e-Roster Demand Manager
With accessibility of data and the ambition of our customers, we are excited about the future! We are helping organisations rethink “rosters” not as a glorified calendar but rather a tool to design an organisation that is focused on service delivery, quality, efficiency, waste reduction, sustainability and inclusivity…
What is a demand manager and do we need it?
We set ourselves an ambitious target of offering an autonomous Workforce Management Solution by the end of 2022. In practice, we will use a range of data sources and our propriety artificial intelligence to design rosters based on calculated demand and give managers the ability to edit. The application is not only limited to healthcare settings but call centres, utilities, engineering and job-centres to name but a few.
At present, Demand Manager is in Beta mode and will only be commercialised in January 2023. Some of the current live features include:
- Roster Augmentation: Transpose a filled roster of 2-6 weeks into a 52 week roster, whilst the roster make provision for unavailability and annual leave.
- Templates: All current templates validate against fiscal policies, headcounts and capacity.
Demand Manager: Use in isolation or as part of the ProduQtive core modules or interface with your existing solutions.
Workforce Planning and Organisation Design
Design your organisation required to achieve your strategic and service objectives.
The Organisation Design solution sits within the Workforce Planning module and notably integrates with other core solutions like:
- Core HR to manage all employee records
- Recruit to push vacancies (backfills or new positions) to our applicant tracking tools
- Payroll – reconcile total pay
- Analytics – to provide users with valuable workforce analytics
Creating a visual representation of a global workforce of 50,000+ is never an easy task. The drill down and search solutions gets you where you need to be.
Organisation Design pulls data from different sources to give you a clear picture of your current and desirable workforce. Working in partnership with our customers, we are able to continue to add new features and provide valuable insight.
The success or failure of a merger is often dependent on reliable workforce data and the ability to view and calculate the impact of restructuring and recalibration of remuneration. ProduQtive works in partnership with specialists that offer consultancy services wrapped around the workforce planning and deployment solutions.
e-Roster by ProduQtive was designed to offer our customers a feature rich experience that supports their very specific needs.
e-Roster by ProduQtive forms part of our Operational Deployment module and, whilst it was designed for the healthcare sector, many central government and commercial organisations have benefited from the powerful tools available to manage a disbursed, mobile, and flexible workforce.
- Automatically generate roster templates based on demand data.
- Create rosters for any period and release requirements according to your roster periods.
- Use the Auto fill tools to find the best combinations and fill rosters in seconds.
- Use the Augmentation tool to extend previously filled rosters.
- Encourage employee participation to self-roster.
- Submit rosters for approval and “Lock-Down” periods.
- Edit rosters – replace, remove, cancel, redeploy, change location/facility (incl. Work from Home).
- For senior managers, use the Heat Map and Redeployment tools to reduce the demand on contingent resources.
- Extend the search for workers by accessing the internal bench, or
- Collaborate with participating organisations to second underutilised resources.
- Use the automation tools to outsource unfilled shifts to suppliers and support self-booking.
Empower your employees with their private and secure career management portal where they can:
- Receive invitations to apply for rostered shifts.
- Manage their preferences.
- Request leave and track leave requests and balances.
- Capture attendance or absence or any variance in time worked.
- Request or respond to Swaps.
- Manage all professional registration documentation.
- Have access to over 7 different fulfillment views to meet your specific needs.
- Track capacity and budgets in real-time.
- Have complete confidence that your employees are suitably qualified, available and compliant.
- Fully customisable rules engine to ensure rosters are compliant.
- No risk of double booking. If an Employee is also a contractor of a bank and several agencies, the system blocks any overlap.
- Real-time tracking of contract hours vs actual hours over any period.
- Interface with payroll systems.
- Benefit from accessing a wider internal and external resource pool to reduce the demand on contingent resources.
- When you do need to engage with the contingent staffing network, have peace of mind that ProduQtive has exhausted all other alternatives and that the temporary resource requested will meet your criteria (cost, quality, continuity, rating, familiarity etc).
Extended Workforce Management
A fully automated (frictionless) solution with a single aim to find better ways to improve utilisation of resources within the health-economy.
It is no secret that there is a global shortage of medical resources based on current demand. (See our blog on the broken training-line). As the population grows and ages, assuming a net migration, the demand for some services will far exceed our ability to train additional resources. So, what is the answer? We need to find innovative mechanisms to make better use with whatever resources we have to our disposal.
The ProduQtive extended workforce model helps employers reach out and deploy available, suitably skilled and qualified medical professionals – within the boundaries of employment laws, contractual obligations and EU Working time Directive.
The concept of collaborative resourcing was first introduced by the founder of ProduQtive in 2010, then called LocumPod. At the time, it was limited to a contingent resource pool, managed by a network of employers (Banks).
With the advancement of technology and a growing urgency to treasure skilled resources, the Extended Workforce module first looks at optimising internal resources, then extends an invitation to participating employers and their available employees.
Speed is essential in healthcare and therefore access to accurate, real-time and useful data is paramount for making good decisions. To have access to a frictionless and hassle-free tool supported by propriety governance and rules gives employers and employees peace of mind. There is still much to do in the field of projecting acuity and dependency, but for now, we designed ProduQtive to respond and provide guidance based on the data we receive.
Core Features & Functionality
- Internal Resource Optimisation: all rosters will calibrate to design rosters to best optimise available resources, based on contractual obligations, preferences and availability (or unavailability).
- Where there is a possible over-supply of resources, managers can select the workers and move them to the Bench.
- Other directorates can fill available shifts, using the bench resources.
- Senior Managers can view the Heat Map and redeployment tools to move resources from fully staffed to understaffed units and increase or decrease demand.
- The cascade control dictates the staggered release of the requirement, which includes timings, costs and employment conditions.
- Reduce demand for contingent resources (bank and agency) by at least 20%.
- Respond effectively to changes in demand and dependencies.
- Cultivate a collaborative and more strategic approach to a regional workforce.
- Additional efficiency savings has a positive impact on future employee retention.
Use cases and applications for the Extended Service model:
- Create regional on-call rotas to share resources across multiple healthcare settings.
- By moving the delivery of services to the community, the available resources may still be attached to the Acute sector.
- Where multiple agencies are required to deliver a service, i.e. social care, extend resource or service requirements to the correct organisation to achieve “just in time” resourcing.
ProduQtive provides the following:
- Access to our accredited deployment partners to perform the initial resource audit.
- Access to our legal framework to support the collaborative marketplace.
- Access to the marketplace that facilitates the logistics and commercial transactions between Employers.
- Access 24/7 support to assist you and your employees.
- Experience a powerful, hassle-free and easy to use system.
Please contact us for an initial consultation or to arrange a demonstration.
e-Roster Demand Manager
The purpose of the demand manager is to assist employers in designing intelligent rosters that takes into account capacity, skill availability, budgets and service demands, and scenario planning.
Workforce analytics was not designed to police your workforce, but rather to give your employees and managers access to real-time data to drive change and innovation.
We start by using your data, from all different sources, including the data produced by ProduQtive. We then apply some wisdom to design various interactive dashboard charts, data exports and performance indicators to drive positive change.
Workforce analytics covers a number of core aspects:
- The function of the employee in relationship with the role, the organisation and the team.
- The function of the contingent supplier (agency) in relationship with key performance indicators benchmarked against other suppliers (both internal and external).
- The operational indicators that dictate demand and supply.
- The financial indicators that impact cash-flow, costs, forecasts and future budgets.
- Non-tangible components that impact brand, service, relationships and value.
Our mission is to support our customers in every possible way, which often means we push data into a customer data repository.
We continue to add to our list of reports and dashboards and encourage our clients to work with your dedicated accounts manager to design the reports you need.
Operational and tactical deployment
Deploy resources against Shifts (Rosters), Activities (Activity scheduler) or Tasks (Projects) to maximise resource utilisation.
The Rota Manager product forms part of the Workforce Planning module. Although the Rota Manager module was designed to support Junior doctors in training and trust grade roles (NHS – New Deal 2016), the tool is used in non-healthcare settings where teams are required to work defined shift patterns over a cycle of several weeks.
The rota creation process is governed by a rules engine that is centrally maintained. Locally agreed rules can be adjusted by the customer. At the time when creating a rota and any one of the rules were broken, the user will not be permitted to proceed unless the error is rectified.
- Rotas can be created for one or more staffing group that share the same rules.
- Rotas can be saved as templates.
- Use the validation tools to not only check for rule breaks but also assess the total cost of the rota.
- Assign available and matching resources to different starting points.
- Add “Ghost Resources” to represent any vacancies.
- Publish the rota to auto generate work schedule for the employees.
- Convert rotas into a single roster for the duration of their rotation. See e-roster for functionality.
- All variance reporting leave management, attendance, swaps and redeployment are performed in the roster module.
Where ProduQtive Rota manager is used in isolation, our public API is available to support our customers in achieving their workforce objectives (levels of attainment).
Create activities linked to a facility and service category. Add multiple resource requirements and assign employees.
The Activity Scheduler is a fully integrated solution on the ProduQtive Workforce Management platform and forms part of our suite of Operational Deployment tools. Our motivation behind the solution was to give employers:
- The capability to convert job plans into a transactional tool to manage all eventualities.
- A tool to create multi-disciplinary events (activities/tasks) that can be resourced by different service units.
A typical use case:
A Surgical Department creates a weekly event “Knee Replacements” and can build the resource requirement – 1x Anaesthetist, 1 x ODP, 1 x Scrub nurse etc, and assign the event to a facility “Theatre 2”. The surgeon can also share a patient list and manage the confidentiality of the document. The different service units, like the Anaesthetics department, can now assign the suitable resource to the individual events.
- Create on-calls or stand by rota for your service unit.
- Have total visibility over staff leave and unavailability.
- Replace or remove employees from events.
- Change the location, increase head-count or cancel the event.
- Use the different views (day, week, multi week) to have better visibility.
- No double entry to create rosters for approved job plans.
- Integrated with the core HR modules, Payroll and Workforce analytics.
- Track plans vs actuals in real-time.
- Empower employees to view and add their own activities.
- Integrated with the team chat feature.
Feature rich platform that covers all aspects operating successful banks and a network professional staffing agencies. Cost savings are just one of the many benefits.
ProduQtive is committed to find innovate solutions to reduce transactional costs and improve the supply components within the contingent (or temporary) staffing marketplace. So, what does that mean? We assist Employers, Professional Services businesses and Contractors (locums, temps) with a unique offering, addressing very specific needs.
- Have access to tools and support to build, retain and utilise your contingent resource for all staffing groups.
- Create a shared service or a collaboration to further increase utilisation and benefit from income or significant savings.
- Create and maintain a network of suppliers, which might include different structures for different staffing groups (Medical Staff – tiered supply; Nursing – managed service provision; Clerical – a master vendor).
- Default access to direct engagement as a service model.
- Lock-in framework rates and manage any variations through approval processes and department budgets.
- Configure the supply chain to drive automation, supported by a combination of rules, AI and machine learning (includes self-booking).
- Be fully compliant with agency working time directive, IR 35, and internal objectives.
- Have access to state of the art performance management tools for both the contractor and the supplier.
For Suppliers of Temporary staff:
This service extends to organisations offering a managed service (bank as a service) or operating a vendor model (Master Vendor, Neutral Vendor).
- Complete CRM solution to maintain exceptional service levels.
- Protection of IPR, including no conflict of interests.
- Efficient processes to reduce transactional costs – protect your net operating margins.
- Internal performance management tools by individual, team, client, staff group etc.
- Full pay and bill cycle, supported by disbursements and payroll as a service.
- Protect the market from rogue agencies.
- Candidate attraction and applicant tracking, including compliance management.
For the Temporary Worker:
- Single career management tool to manage activities across all associations (multiple banks, multiple agencies).
- Easy to use mobile features to: apply for or book shifts; complete outstanding tasks; submit for approval time worked; track payment.
- Manage all compliance components and benefit from our single ID wallet (digital passport), interfacing with professional membership bodies.
- Ingenious availability, unavailability and personal preference management feature.
- Instant calculation on capacity (i.e. likelihood of ability to fill shifts and calculation of optimal sources of supply).
- Frictionless release and selection options.
- Innovative tools to capture and approve time worked.
- Track variances – scope, time or cost creep.
- Automated self-billing and payroll processing.
- Payroll as a service or a data feed, available to Employers and Suppliers.
- Customisable supply chain configuration (i.e. staggered release directly from Rosters).
- Relationship management tools (CRM, SRM, Candidate engagement tools).
- Real-time performance management, dashboard analytics and exportable reports.
- Open API to plug in your preferred services.
Human Capital Management
It is easy to get confused with terminology – Human Capital Management, Talent Management, Core HR, Transactional HR… we’ve got you covered.
To give you a better overview of what we offer as part of the Human Capital Management module, we should start with the “Why”.
As a core offering, ProduQtive focuses on the tactical deployment of existing resources and the procurement of extended and complementary resources on a time or task bases (statement of works). For our larger customers we were able to build integrations with SAP SuccessFactors, NHS-ESR and Workday, however we realised that there is a gap in the market for the mid to smaller employers.
Our approach? We recognised that there are other providers of highly specialised solutions that we would prefer to partner with. Now, our customers benefit from accessing a growing network of specialists without the need to procure different systems or have a fragmented experience.
In the list below, we often offer a basic (free) solution that is part of the ProduQtive offering alongside a specialist offering. Where our customers prefer to use any of their existing solutions, we are happy to build an integration.
|Product or Service||ProduQtive Core||Partners and current integrations|
|Record Of Employment||Yes||SAP SuccessFactors; ESR, Workday|
|Sickness and Unavailability Manager||Yes|
|Flexible Working Manager||Yes|
|Health and Wellness Manager||Yes|
|In-App messenger||Yes||Microsoft Teams|
|Recruitment (Applicant Tracking)||Yes (basic)||The Hire Lab|
|On-Boarding (inc. Contracts)||Yes (basic)||The Hire Lab|
|Goals and Performance Manager||Yes|
|Learning & Professional Development||No|
|Grievance and Case Management||Yes (basic)|
Project Resource Planning & Deployment
A single solution to give organisations and teams the ability to create and design a project; match available resource; invite specialist internal resources; source external skills from contractors; deliver and manage a project whilst delivering an excellent service.
Project Resource Planner and Deployment is the latest addition to the ProduQtive product suite and was designed to support our professional services customers in achieving more with less. By combining several disciplines, tools and transactional features into a single solution, we are confident that our offering is truly unique.
We know the “Project Resource Planner and Deployment” manager is a bit of a mouthful and we invite our customers to name their newest team member themselves; below is a list of key features and benefits:
- Create multiple projects for internal and external clients.
- Design and specify Work Stages or Sprints.
- Design the resource requirements (attributes and quality) to deliver against each work stage.
- Assign known and invite resource to be considered.
- Access knowledge of previously successfully completed similar projects.
- Procure specialist services from internal or external providers.
- Determine the project cost (fixed price, time and material, pro-bono etc.).
- Involve your client via their own Client portal.
- Create a detailed project plan with tasks, actions, mileposts/deadlines and assign to team members and service providers.
- Convert the Project Plan into a transactional project management tool, accessing a wide range of typical features and workflows to track progress and monitor any creep and missed deadlines.
- Fully integrated solution.
- Free extension to your clients and external contractors.
- Powerful project management tools.
- Efficient procurement of services (Statement of Works) and contracts management.
- Access reports to monitor resource utilisation, profitability, contribution and other workforce related indicators.
- Access project related reports (single or aggregated) to review total workforce utilisation, total cost and profitability.